North West Missouri State University-60% (backlogs)-290 -GRE-IELTS-6.5/TOEFl-79
North West Missouri State University: NWSU
Dr. Raju's Notes: It is a public/state university located at Maryville in the state of Missouri , established in the year 1905. It is a medium sized public university roughly accommodates 7000 UG+PG students. This university gives liberal admits for average academic profiles to International students. Because of the admission process and vigorous promotion by the consultants many Indian students get clustered (there are few part-time jobs) in a rural area. If you maintain good GPA some fee waivers are possible in subsequent semesters.
1. IELTS requirement: 6.5
2. TOEFL Requirement: 79
3. Credential Evaluation: WES evaluation is not required
4. Courses offered:
- MS Applied Computer Science
- MBA (Information Technology Management)
- MS Biology
5. GRE score-Around- 294 (high GRE scores compensate for low acads...and similarly high Acads can compensate for low GRE (upto 290)..but for GRE-289 admission will be denied outright)
for more details one can log onto...
6. Application Deadlines: June-1st admission for fall. 2. Nov 15th - Spring admission
7. GPA: 60% with 5 backlogs are accepted (good GRE score (>=295) can take care of many back logs) can compensate low academics)
8. Tuition Fees: Total Cost- USD 21,000/30 credit hours- for two years -Some fee waivers are gifted to attract students. (** cost is Excluding living expenses )
Final Verdict: If you are moderately OK with the finances-- this is one of the best option for average academic credentials in USA. Due to its location it is always difficult to get part time jobs. But living expenses will be around 350-400 USD per month. If you have low academic credentials (60% with 5 backlogs) + IELTS-6.5/TOEFL-79+ 290 GRE.. this University is going to be a savior. The cost of study will be anywhere close to Max 14-16 lakhs depending upon your willingness to work part-time (if available).
Special Note on NWSU: In the process of providing information on Universities which are suitable for moderate academic credentials and low GRE scores (285-295)..I am here with providing information on NWSU to student community. Here I don't want to take a stand on whether a particular university is good or bad. Since it may unnecessarily invite some feelings (may be positive or negative) which are unwarranted at this juncture of application and admission (later VISA) process.. The students are advised to thoroughly seek information from the alumni before they initiate the application process of any University which offers an easy admit to the Indian student.