Midwestern State University-Texas-285-295-MSCS-IELTS6.5/TOEFL-80
Midwestern State University- Texas- MWSU
Dr. Raju's Notes: It is a public/state university located at Wichita Falls in the state of Texas, established in the year 1922. It is a medium sized public university roughly accommodates 6000 UG+PG students. This university has got tie-ups with few Indian consultants to promote and attract International students.
1. IELTS requirement: 6.5
2. TOEFL Requirement: 80
3. Credential Evaluation: WES evaluation is not mandatory
4. Courses offered:
- MS CS
- MS Health Service Administration
- MS Biology
5. GRE score-Around- 285-295 (with 3 years work experience GRE score is waived..better GRE scores ..more back logs are accepted)
6. Application Deadlines: May 1st -admission for fall.2. Oct 1st - Spring admission.3.Summer- April 1st
7. GPA: 64% with few backlogs are accepted (good GRE score can compensate low academics)
8. Tuition Fee: Total Cost- USD 18,000/30 credit hours- for two years (** Excluding living expenses )
Final Verdict: If you are moderately OK with the finances-- this is one of the cheapest bets in USA. Due to its location it is always difficult to get part time jobs. But living expenses will be around 300-400 USD per month. If you have low academic credentials (60% with few backlogs) + IELTS-6.0/TOEFL-79+ 280-290 GRE.. this University is going to be a savior. The cost of study will be anywhere close to Max 12-15 lakhs depending upon your willingness to work part-time (if available)...there is a possibility of getting fee waivers at least after two semesters of study..that will drastically reduce the cost of study.
Special Note on Midwestern State University-Texas: In the process of providing information on Universities which are suitable for moderate academic credentials and low GRE scores (280-295)..I am here with providing information on Midwestern State University-Texas to student community. Here I don't want to take a stand on whether a particular university is good or bad. Since it may unnecessarily invite some feelings (may be positive or negative) which are unwarranted at this juncture of application and admission (later VISA) process.. The students are advised to thoroughly seek information from the alumni before they initiate the application process of any University which offers an easy admit to the Indian student.