Montana State University-Bozeman -70%-300-310 GRE-TOEFl-80-IELTS-7.0
Montana State University-Bozeman
Dr. Raju's Notes: It is a public/state university located at Moscow in the state of Idaho, established in the year 1893. It is a Moderately large public university roughly accommodates 16000 UG+PG students. This university is generally preferred for MS CS, MSEE, MS Mech, MS Civil, MS Chemical and MS Bio Engineering. Funding depends upon performance in semester exams and good relationship with the professors. It has got few tie-ups with Indian consultants for promotion of its graduate programs. Since not many Indian students are visible funding chances are more...
1. IELTS requirement: 7
2. TOEFL Requirement: 80
3. Credential Evaluation: WES evaluation is not required but it helps in reducing the application process time.
4. Courses offered:
- MS CS
- MS EE
- MS Mech
- MS Chemical Engineering
- MS Civil Engineering
- MS Environmental Engineering
- MS Material Science
- MS Industrial Engineering
- MS Bio Engineering
5. GRE score-Around- 300-310 ( ** The GRE score varies according to the academic percentage and department) Verbal-150: Quant-151; AWA3.5
6. Application Deadlines:
1. Feb1st for fall (May 1st for non-funding).
2. Sept 1st - Spring admission (Oct 1st for non-funding)
7. GPA: 65% with preferably no Backlogs or 70% with (2 to 3 backlogs)
8. Tuition Fees: Total Cost- USD 30,000/30 credit hours- for two years - (** cost is Excluding living expenses)
Final Verdict: If you are moderately rich with the finances-- this is one of the best option for decent academic credentials in USA. Due to its location it is bit difficult to get part time jobs. But living expenses will be around 400-450 USD per month. If you have good academic credentials (65% with 1 to 2 backlogs) + IELTS-7/TOEFL-80+ 295-310 GRE.. this University is going to be a savior. The cost of study will be anywhere close to Max 16-18 lakhs (assuming some funding--if funding is granted the cost of study will be less than 8-10 lakhs) depending upon your willingness to work part-time (usually available). Funding is possible in advanced semester ..and that is based on performance....