MARIST COLLEGE, NEW YORK-MS IS -MS CS-IELTS-6.0-GRE-290
MARIST COLLEGE, NEW YORK
Dr Rajus Notes: It is a private university located at Poughkeepsie in the state of New York , established in the year 1929. It is a very small private university roughly accommodates 5000 UG+PG students. This university has got tie-ups with many Indian consultants to promote and attract International students.http://www.marist.edu/compscimath/graduate/international.html
Special Note on Marist College: In the process of providing information on Universities which are suitable for low academic credentials ..I am here with providing information on Marist College to student community. Here I don't want to take a stand on whether a particular university is good or bad. Since it may unnecessarily invite some feelings (may be positive or negative) which are unwarranted at this juncture of application and admission (later VISA) process.. The students are advised to thoroughly seek information from the alumni before they initiate the application process of any University which offers an easy admit to the Indian student.
Useful Links :
1. IELTS requirement: 6 for MS CS and 6.5 for MS IS
2. TOEFL Requirement: 80
3. Credential Evaluation: WES is not mandatory
4. Courses offered:
- MS CS (Software Development)
- MS IS
5. Good GRE score is not Mandatory but helps in accommodating lot of backlogs. GRE Score based assistant-ships are available.
6. Admission-Deadlines: Fall-Aug 1st--Spring-Dec 1st
7. GPA: 60% is acceptable; Depending upon the percentage merit scholar ships are awarded.
8. Tuition Fees: 26,000 USD Total Cost (** Excluding living expenses )
Final Verdict: If you are rich coupled with low academic credentials (less than 60% with backlogs) + low IELTS/TOEFL + GRE... this University is going to be a savior. The cost of study will be anywhere close to 16-20 lakhs depending upon your willingness to work part-time.