Answer all of your questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have a single standing branch in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. We're looking to expand in the cities of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
GRE - From April-July and Dec-Jan, the GRE track is typically 30 days long, with 2 hours 30 minutes of classes from Monday to Saturday. Due to high student in-flow, we keep the no. of days shorter in these months.
From August- Dec and Feb-March, the course length is 45 days long, with 1 hours 30 minutes of classes from Monday to Saturday.
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE- The course length for all the english based tests is 30 days with 1 hour class duration, from Monday to Saturday.
*Please follow the Notifications bar of the website for Class timings or feel free to call us for further information!
You can call us at 9908222209 / 8125322444 or Email us at email@example.com for course information and enrollment!
GRE - Rs. 17,499/-
English based test (IELTS/PTE/TOEFL)- Rs 7,499/-
GRE and English based test Combination ( IELTS/ PTE / TOEFL)- Rs 21,000/-
*Please call us for updated fee information.
Yes, once you enrol you can re-attend the classes! Your enrolment ID is valid for one year from your date of joining. We're currently charging Rs 1000/- extra for students who want to re-attend GRE. For other english based test tracks, there are no charges applicable.
Yes. Due to to the pandemic situation we are conducting all coaching classes through online.
Yes. All our counselors are available online and Via phone to guide you through University and Visa processes. To avail Online services, please contact us on 8125322444 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Raju’s Consultancy is one of the most economical guiding processes in the world. Everything is done transparently. Once the requisite documents are submitted, we start the application process of the candidate in his/her presence. Unless the candidate insists, we generally discourage the student applying to low ranked, commission based universities. We hand out University Suggestion within 24 hours of registration.
TYPICAL COSTS FOR EACH UNIVERSITY APPLICATION PROCESS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Average application fee: 60 USD (30 USD to 80 USD);
- Average Courier Charges: Rs 1500
- TOEFL/GRE score reporting: 37 USD (Other consultants hide this till the end of the submission);
- Average Cost for applying to each University: 100 to 110 USD (No other hidden costs).
NOTE: A student is advised to know complete details about this application process and draw conclusions on the above facts.
- Unique expertise on university selection: Experts, who studied in US will study your profile and provide you with a list of universities that match your academic background and interests. We will work with you to rank the universities in order of your preference and select the best 6 universities. The university selection is based on the following factors: Quality of Education; School’s area of excellence; Enrollment Size; Availability of financial aid; Cost (Public/Private);Living expense; Whether racial discrimination prevalent in the campus; Location and Climate (Rural/Town/City/ Cold/Moderate/Hot);Availability of On/Off Campus jobs; Social Activities; Your chosen field of research and interests; Fees for insurance, books, and social activities; Strict policies regarding attendance, homework, and tests ; Library, Laboratory, Computer facilities etc..,
100 % admission is secured and guaranteed in one or more of the applied universities
The checklist is available at https://www.drrajus.com/forumdes?id=24&Id=4&userid=
Statement of purpose is one of the main factors that are highly influential in getting admission. Even a student with high marks and good profile might get rejected in universities whereas a student with low marks might get accepted. This is all because of the statement of purpose. Several universities give more importance to the statement of purpose since it determines the student’s attitude and future plans. From the plans stated by the student, the university can decide whether this student can finish the project which the university is going to give him/her. So it all depends on one’s ability to write the statement of purpose in a very good manner. If you get low marks don’t think that you will not get good universities. There is some chance because of the statement of purpose. There are also other factors which play a major role in getting admission. They are letter of recommendation and the time factor. It is always good to send your application as early as possible.
It is a myth. For most of the universities, the deadlines are published. One has to apply before the deadlines.
The deadlines vary from University to University: As a thumb rule (Only for Fall admissions);
1. Top Ranking schools like MIT, Stanford –The deadlines are Nov 1st and in some cases Dec 1st
2. Very Good Schools such as PENN State, Carnegie Mellon – The deadlines are Jan 1st and in some cases Jan15th .
3 .Good Schools such as University of Connecticut, Boston University - The deadlines are Feb 1 to Feb 15th
4. Medium ranged State Schools such as University of Missouri Institute of Science & Technology – March 15th
5. Average ranged State Universities such as Louisiana - The deadlines are April 15th
6. Low Ranked State Universities such as SUNY, New Paltz, McNeese State University. May 1st
7. Still low Ranked Private Universities such as University of Bridgeport, Hartford—June 1st-July 1st
NOTE: Almost all the students apply to 4 to 6 universities. So some Universities grant admission early assuming that only one would turn up. But these universities grant admission without any financial aid.
For top range, Universities GRE is only one parameter. They consider1. Undergraduate GPA 2.SOP 3.RECO letters
Research Publications 5.Work experience 6. Resume 7. Undergraduate education (IIT, BITS Pilani, NIT Etc.,) 8.GRE AWA score besides Quant &Verbal, 9.TOEFL. It does not mean that you cannot apply to these Universities. We have successful admissions from Carnegie Mellon, University of Pennsylvania, Ohio State University, PENN State University, and Georgia Tech even for JNTU & JNTU Affiliated, and other affiliated University students as well. It is our endeavor to guide you to the best possible University within the limited constraints.
Yes! There are several public/state Universities in US where GRE is of minor importance. The cost of studying in these Universities varies from Rs 6 lakhs to Rs 10 lakhs for your entire MS. Instead of applying to commission based Universities such as University of Bridgeport, Oklahoma City University, NYIT, NJIT, University of Detroit-Mercy, Farleigh Dickenson University etc., one can opt for these Universities for their affordable cost and quality of education. These commission based universities have links with many consultants in India . If a student gets admitted to these Universities these Indian consultants get 10 % of the fees as commission from the respective University.
Yes! There are low ranked Private Universities in US such as Northwest Polytechnic, National University, Silicon Valley, Concordia University which offer admission without GRE & TOEFL . VISA success rate for these Universities is pretty low. Even if you are successful in VISA interview, after reaching US you will have to register for additional English exams at a cost of 1000 USD.
Yes! We have tremendous success with these profiles. There are several state Universities that accept backlogs. The main strength at our admission counseling is securing an admission in state universities with mediocre GRE & low academics.
The fact is that financial aid is granted by US universities based on your strength of attributes. Some universities consider High GRE score. Some Universities consider relevant research publications. Some Universities consider strong academic background and the profile of your undergraduate academic Institute. We at Dr Raju’s GRE weigh all these parameters and try to secure admission in state universities where financial aid is granted liberally to MS students. PhD students are fully funded. Top universities, where terminal degree is PhD, award financial assistantship to only PhD students and Universities, where the terminal degree is MS, award funding to MS applicants.
NOTE: Some universities to attract students such as University of Missouri, Kansas City, Polytechnic University offer scholarships that waive a part of your tuition fee. Beware of the Universities and Consultants that promise Scholarships and funding for every applicant. The hidden cost of MS will be abnormal.
In general if one opts for state universities where not many Indians are clogging the funding are awarded after you reach US either in the first semester or in the second. These things could happen when you maintain your grades and proximity to the Professors.
False! Many consultants trap you with this wrong notion. Most of the scholarships and financial aid is based on GRE and academics. If they are supported with good TOEFL (>100) one may be considered for Teaching Assistantship.
To attract the brilliant students US universities fund the students in following four forms:
- Scholarships /Fellowships (One need not work while studying).
- GA (Graduate Assistant) is given by graduate schools. Here, for example, a Mechanical Engineering student may work in International office without any connection to one’s department)
- TA (Teaching Assistant) is given by your specific department where sometimes you are required to work in a lab, grade the students test papers and sometimes you have to engage class work for the undergrad students)
- RA (Research Assistant) is given by a professor. Here you got to help the professor in sponsored research projects and work as a co-author in his publications in research journals.
GA/ TA/RA could be full time or Part time. Full time means one has to work for 20 Hrs a week and Part Time means 10 Hrs a week.
In many schools the funding means that the respective school is going to waive your entire tuition fee (sometimes part of it) , provide free health insurance beside providing some money ( 500 USD to 1000 USD) for your living expenses. Most of the time you can earn your degree absolutely at free of cost with high quality living.
Yes! 100 % of the Universities offer admission with IELTS. Go to IELTS.org for the list of the US Universities.
One has to possess TOEFL/GRE combination or IELTS/GRE combination for GRE admission based Universities.
One has to possess either TOEFL or IELTS for University admissions without GRE.
Some Universities (Such as University of Texas, Pan American, West Chester University, University of Memphis, University of Minnesota, Mankato etc.,) require course by course evaluation of your transcripts though foreign credential agencies. They transfer your percentage marks into grades course by course. US Education system is based on CGPA: The maximum grade is 4.00. 70 % of the US universities require 3.0/4.0. It is almost equal to first class without any backlogs. Rest of the universities which include some public /state and low ranked private Universities accept CGPA between 2.5 to 3.0. To know actual CGPA, or if it is requested by a specific University; you have to spend additional 205 USD. 90 % of the universities in US do not require this evaluation.
- SAVE LOT OF MONEY IN REGESTERING FOR PRE-COUNSELING: the procedure is explained in detail.
- Before Actually writing GRE
- Before Actually writing TOEFL
- Before Actually writing both TOEFL/GRE
- The benefits of pre-counseling: Before Actually Writing GRE: Many students are not aware that after writing GRE, depending on the score, they can actually opt for free score card reporting to four Universities of their choice. Many students take this facility casually and lose a lot of money. In fact, one has to spend 20 USD for reporting one’s GRE score to each University. That means without awareness a student is losing 80 USD (Rs 5700/-) for 4 Universities.
- Service from Dr.Rajus’s GRE: One has to write ETS power prep tests to know one’s scoring pattern in the actual test of GRE. The power prep exam reasonably predicts (100 Standard deviation (+ or -) the score on actual day of the test. Depending on the demand of the student Dr.Raju’s GRE service provides 12 universities keeping in mind the standard deviation from mock test.
*Note : It can also be done as per the desire of the student.
- Before Actually Writing TOEFL: Many students are not aware that before writing TOEFL, they can actually opt for free score card reporting to four Universities of their choice. Many students take this facility casually and lose a lot of money. In fact, one has to spend 17 USD for reporting one’s TOEFL score to each University. That means without awareness a student is losing 68 USD (Rs 4828/-) for 4 Universities.
- Before Actually writing both TOEFL/GRE: When one understands the above two options, one can save maximum up to 148 USD (Rs 10,500/-);